Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Think Francais!

If you are planning a weekend getaway you will not be disappointed in The French House Bed and Breakfast in Downtown Wilmington.  The French House has become a habit for my husband and I!  The charm of The French House and Downtown Wilmington will keep you coming back and the Innkeeper, Janice Thomas will make you feel right at home! The cobblestone streets will take you back in time!

The French House was built by George R. French (1802-1889) in 1850
We have stayed in the main house and also The French House cottage which was the original kitchen for the main house 
The Cottage has two bedrooms.
The perfect Anniversary spot or great for a girls weekend!
You will love the clawfoot tubs in all the private baths.
 The sitting room in the main house suite!
Call Ms. Janice to make your reservation today!

While thinking Francais, I recommend walking a few blocks to Caprice Bistro!  The Duck Confit, Boeuf Bourguignon and Waterzooi (a house specialty) are a few favorites!

Another wonderful restaurant in walking distance is Deluxe!
The Paella was my husbands favorite! 
"Lowcountry Meets the World" - THE NEW YORK TIMES


Before you leave town have Brunch outside at The George! 
My friends, James and Kevin treated me to Brunch at The George during my last visit to Wilmington and it was incredible!

I recommend the Seafood Crepes if you are still thinking Francais!
If you are thinking Carolina Style, order the Riverwalk!
Sauteed Crab Cakes topped with Poached Eggs,Grilled Tomatoes, and Hollandaise sauce!

I was also introduced to Coastal Cupcakes!  So Yummy!
 Enjoy Your Day, Carolina Style!  Jen Jen
Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen