Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It all Started in 1710, Everything Old is now New Again!

 New Bern is such a great town! With 300 years of History and Southern Secrets to share, I cannot fit everything I love about the "Bern", Carolina Style in one day so the rest will have to wait!   Some of my favorite stops are not secrets but they are too fabulous not share with you right away just in case you have not heard!
The Chelsea is a wonderful place for lunch or dinner! The asparagus tower is a fave as well as the Salmon Salad.  My friends loved their shrimp and grits! Below is an original photo of the restaurant that was one of two pharmacies owned by the inventor of Pepsi-Cola, Caleb Bradham built in 1912.

We shopped off our lunch walking downtown New Bern. Two of my favorite shops are Confluence and Peacock's Plume! You will always be met with a smiling face at Confluence!  


 Peacock's Plume is the perfect stop for your party dress!  I was there the week before the Heart Ball so there was lots of Gala attire!

I could not leave downtown without stopping at Baker's Square to pick up Cinnamon rolls for my husband.  I am being extra nice since he has surgery on Thursday.  The last stop before leaving town should always be The Village Butcher and Market to pick up dinner so no one will have to cook after a long day of shopping in New Bern!  The other reason the cinnamon rolls are a good idea to keep the husband happy!

I hope when you visit New Bern you will enjoy yourself as much as we do!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style! Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen