Friday, February 25, 2011

Our Famous Cafe on the Coast!

Today is the perfect day for me to talk about the famous New York Deli Cafe on the Atlantic Beach Causeway where Jerry  knows your name!  If you have never heard of the New York Deli Cafe then you have spent very little time here or as they say down east you are from "Off" which means, not from around here, an "old" local saying!  I went into the New York Deli Cafe today to get their homemade clam chowder and chicken soup for my husband, the patient.  I know, I know I should be cooking, but why cook when the New York Deli Cafe is on the island and I get to see my friends!
Our friends, the owners,  Ann and Jerry Maiolo are such a huge part of the community and make everyone feel at home as soon as you walk through the door! The New York Deli is in it's 27th year!  You will be inspired by their food and by the Food Network playing on their TV! I love all the wolfpack memorabilia in the Deli! Jerry, Ann and I share a love for NC State!
  The Deli has been an all time favorite for many years!  I can guarantee you will not order anything off the board that you will not LOVE!  The specials are always incredible!  Ann bakes wonderful pies and do not leave without a t-shirt and a quart of their famous shrimp salad to take home! You will also need a copy of the New York Deli News for take out orders in the future! You will be back and you will thank me!
Everything is fresh! The Deli is also a favorite breakfast spot for us.  My husband loves their pancakes.  For lunch our usual order is an Empire State and a Chelsea.  Even their burger is awesome and you can get it Carolina Style with chili and slaw!
Do not miss Pasta night every Friday night starting at 5pm!  Italian at its finest!
The New York Deli Cafe
310 Atlantic Beach Causeway
Atlantic Beach, NC 28512
(252) 726-0111
Hours: Sun/Mon: closed
   Tues-Sat: 8am-3:00pm  
  Fri: 8am-9pm

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style! Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen