Sunday, February 13, 2011

For the LOVE of Pete!

 Painting by Marion B. Grizer

With Valentines Day tomorrow, everything around is red, hot, and spicy! Makes me think of my love of  "Pete"!  Pete is even hanging on the wall in our kitchen! As I mentioned in a previous blog I have been known to carry a mini bottle of Pete in my purse!  Everyone who has been in my kitchen can tell you Texas Pete is the "secret" ingredient in almost everything I have on the stove! 
My Chicken vegetable soup would not be the same without it and I am pretty sure it has healing powers!  Perfect served in this baroque red soup tureen with ladle! 

Boil one small chicken in dutch oven
When chicken is done remove let cool then debone, return to pot 
Add 1 chopped onion, 2 zucchini and 2 squash
Add chopped tomatoes
1 bottle V8 juice
Add 1 small bag frozen okra and 1 cup of corn
Salt and Pepper to taste
Lots of Texas Pete!

Read about the Legend since the 1930's and how the red hot sauce from NC got it's name!
The T. W. Garner Food Company is an inspiration and true example of an American family who used creativity, innovation and a strong work ethic to survive during the Great Depression!

Texas Pete's home is in Winston Salem.
 T. W Garner Food Company office and plant in the 1950's
 I also love the Texas Pete Facebook  page photo encouraging good old fashioned hard work!
 

 Buy the hot sauce in bulk while you visit their website!

Enjoy Your Day, Carolina Style!  Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen