Friday, February 11, 2011

My Doctor Rocks, Literally!

N.E.D. is an awesome band made up of six cancer surgeons from across the country.  They have come together raising awareness about women's cancer and to raise money for the cause they are passionate about.  I am so proud my UNC Surgical Oncologist is one of them!
Meet the Band


No Evidence of Disease are the magic words every cancer patient prays to hear.  I will never forget the day those words were posted on my chart and I pray everyday they will stay there!
I was diagnosed on December 28, 2007 with a very rare and aggressive Ovarian cancer found mostly in young children. Only two months after our wedding, life would never be the same. 
I encourage you to please support the N.E.D Fund in honor of the women in your life.
My Doctor is John Boggess, MD, guitar, vocals. "Dr. Boggess is Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Fellowship Program Director, Division of Gynecologic Oncology at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. He is a leading expert in robotic surgery in gynecologic oncology. Dr. Boggess received his MD from the Oregon Health Sciences University School of Medicine. Playing gigs with a band during medical school helped pay the rent. But as the youngest of seven, he learned to sing loudly at the tender age of five in a choir. Dr. Boggess is married and has two children." http://www.nedtheband.com/band.html


Enjoy Your Day, Carolina Style!  Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen