Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Super "Bowl" Sunday!

As you plan your menu for the Super Bowl in this cold weather, Chili always comes to mind! My husband is known for his chili!  When I am cooking the favorite game day dinner menu at our house is Carolina Chili Burgers stuffed in a puff pastry! I top the burgers with a slice of tomato piled high with homemade slaw!  My crew likes applewood smoked bacon baked beans and shrimp hush puppies with the burgers!  This dinner is usually served while the ACC is playing! It is the perfect menu for a fun "Bowl" party in this neck of the woods!

I love this suggestion from Southern Living! Such a creative way to serve your favorite chili!! 
Nothing says "Southern" like Warm Turnip Green Dip and Chili-Roasted Black Eyed Peas! Another Southern Living Bowl day suggestion! Love it!


Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!  Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen