Saturday, May 21, 2011

100!

I cannot believe it!  Today is my 100th post!  I decided to share what I love about the South, Carolina Style, after encouragement from family and wonderful lifelong friends!  I almost made it everyday for 90 days before a crashed computer slowed me down!  I hope you are enjoying the very random posts from the mountains to the coast!  I especially hope those of you following not from NC are getting a glimpse of how wonderful the "Old North State" truly is, especially off the beaten path! 

The song, "The Old North State", words by William Joseph Gaston (1778-1844), adopted as the official state song of North Carolina on February 27, 1927.

(1927, c. 26, s. 1.)Courtesy Library of Congress


I especially love the last verse!!

"Then let all who love us,
love the land that we live in
 As happy a region on this side of Heaven,
 Where Plenty and Freedom,
Love and Peace smile before us,
 Raise aloud, raise together,
 the heart-thrilling chorus!"

Hurrah! Hurrah! The Old North State forever!
Hurrah! Hurrah! The good Old North State!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen