Saturday, February 19, 2011

Carolina Lake Living!

While thinking about living outdoors in the Carolina's, I think of one of my very favorite places.  I grew up on Lake Gaston and still love every sunset I am blessed to see there today!  I have great memories with family and friends. As a child I met one of my best friends on the lake!  Along with another best friend, the three of us became the Lake Gaston Mermaids, unofficially of course!
 "Gaston Treasure"
The sunsets at the Lake are truly incredible.  I hope you will visit and see for yourself!  I love all artwork by William Ward Moseley especially his Lake Gaston collection. As an artist, he does a phenomenal job recreating the breathtaking views and has captured some of my favorite spots like Wobble Island and Goat Island! 
"Wobble Island"
 "Goat Island II"
Lake Gaston was built in 1953.  It is 350 miles of beautiful shoreline.  We never get bored exploring! My Dad remembers years of skiing with friends on the lake before any development occurred.  The lake did not become a popular retirement destination along with growth of 2nd homes until the 70's. 
"Sunset at Eaton Ferry"
 "Across the Cove II"
Lake living is a part of my past that taught me to enjoy the little things!! We had a favorite cove with a rope swing and it was the most fun!   I even remember my first time water skiing, fishing for catfish at night and swimming until my Mom made us get out of the water! 
My brother and I always had a house full of friends and sleeping bags!
Lake Gaston is where time stands still on the weekends!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style! Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen