Friday, January 6, 2012

JanuaRy Oysters!

January started with lots of friends and lots and lots of local oysters!  We never get tired of oysters during the months with an "R" in North Carolina! It is always interesting to me how every North Carolinian has their own homemade oyster cooking and shucking style! 
A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck for my sweet husband the shucker!
Everyone needs Carolina Shuckers custom hand forged oyster knives! Made in Morehead City NC!
My husband likes to roast the oysters over an open fire!  Yep, I think we need an outdoor stone fireplace at the beach!
I must say I am super impressed with our neighbors homemade shucking table!
My favorite is the Bob Timberlake oyster table!
I LOVE it!
I also love cooking oyster stew with the leftovers!  The fresh local oysters roasted in their own juices add the best flavor to skim milk, a little Best Life with olive oil and lots of the North Carolina hot sauce, Texas Pete
Cooking oyster stew brings back so many memories with my Grandmother we called Gibby. Her middle name was Gibbs. She cooked oyster stew for us whenever we would spend the night with our Grandparents as children!  We often watched a Doris Day movie when not watching Hee Haw!
Doris Day's recording of Bushel and Peck was released by Columbia Records. It was made on September 13, 1950! 
I have always loved Doris Day!! 

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. We provide the wide range of products that include: Potato Chips, Spicy Sabhudhana Chivda, Sabhuna Sweet Chivda, Makai Chivda, Poha Chivda, Moong Dal, Masoor Namkeen Chivda, Khatta Meetha Chivda, Mix Chivda,Sabudana Chivda and many more…

    We always try to make premium quality snacks using high quality ingredients with no compromise in taste when choosing healthy alternatives to our worldwide consumers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen