Thursday, March 3, 2011

Carolina Style Barn Party!

I love the countryside of North Carolina!  Driving through NC, I feel at home as soon as I see open fields especially when they are full of cotton, corn, peanuts, soybeans and tobacco.  I enjoy taking photos of old NC barns and thought I would share..amazingly enough these were taken at 55mph, don't worry I was the passenger!
Who doesn't love a good barn party?! I have enjoyed many in my neck of the woods! The barn photos made me think of photos I love from a friends birthday party, I just had to ask to please share! 
Photos above by Glad Adkins
     Southern Living Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas
  • 5  tablespoons  bourbon
  • 2  tablespoons  ginger liqueur
  • 1  tablespoon  fresh lemon juice
  • 1  tablespoon  Simple Syrup
  • 1/4  teaspoon  bitters
  • Crushed ice
  • Nonalcoholic ginger beer, chilled
  • Garnishes: orange slices, fresh mint sprigs
  • Stir together first 5 ingredients. Fill 1 (16-oz.) glass or Mason jar with crushed ice. Pour bourbon mixture over ice; top with ginger beer (about 1/3 cup). Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nothing is better than anything in a mason jar, especially Sho-Fly punch made with good bourbon!
If you are looking for a place to host the perfect "Barn Party"  Rose Hill Farm is wonderful, I promise!

photo courtesy Ann Lupton

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style! Jen Jen

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen