Sunday, June 3, 2012

National Cancer Survivors Day!

I enjoyed the 25th Annual National Cancer Survivors Day with my wonderful family!  I am so thankful for so many and so much on this day!  My family is at the top of the list!  They took such good care of me!  My Mom was my nurse 24 hours a day and my husband dealt with for sicker sooner than we expected!  We went through something that is still hard to believe.  I pray everyday for those going through the horrible battle against Cancer and for their caretakers.  Surviving ovarian cancer has given me lots of life lessons.  Life happens to everyone everyday and you cannot fight negative with negative!  When it is your time for battle, a positive attitude is your best defense!  That and a great NC hospital!  Thank you, Dr. John Boggess and N.E.D for all you do as well!

I am however sad not everyone celebrated on this day.  The more support we show the better the chance a life will be saved in the future.  Ovarian Cancer is a silent killer, it can steal our lives and loved ones so quickly.  Please download Jeanne Jolly's recording of “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen HERE.  100% of the proceeds will go to the Ovarian Cancer Research FundJeanne Jolly released this recording as a tribute to her beautiful Mom and everyone who has been affected by Ovarian Cancer.  Thank you, Jeanne! 

“Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting
some kind of battle.”
~T.H. Thompson and John Watson

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen