Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Poppy Party!

This years Poppy Party at Strawberry Hill was especially fun for me!  I had a great time helping my dear friend "Maatha", prepare!  From the flowers in the mason jars to taste testing her desserts we were all set for a beautiful night!  Strawberry Hill is such a gorgeous setting anytime of year but when the poppies are blooming it is truly amazing!  What more can you ask for in the South than a perfect Spring garden party on Wednesday night!  Bless us for we love any reason for a party anytime of year!
 One of my favorite trees! 
I also love the English garden!
The pecan trees are plentiful around here and the pecan turtles and pecan pie bars were a big hit!  There were too many desserts to list including Rhonda Holmes amazing caramel cake!
NC Strawberries dipped in chocolate were divine!
The hanging lanterns were my favorite part! I love all the color Martha added to the tables and the trees!  Perfect night out with hometown friends and family! 
I cannot wait to help again next year!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!