Sunday, September 25, 2011

Leftovers!

The best part about the Shrimp and Grits dinner made with country ham is the "country" brunch leftovers I easily prepared for my husband!  Eggs, cheese grits with a side of country ham!  This is not his normal breakfast so he was super excited!
Leftovers do not have to be boring!  Everyone seems to love my homemade spaghetti sauce, so I always cook a large pot since it is a long process to make!  Extra sauce makes it easy to recreate the dish to share with friends later!  I like to prepare lasagna and baked ziti for the freezer.
I always add sauteed onions and garlic as well as top it off with basil to give it a burst of fresh flavor!  I love having fresh herbs on hand! I use the basil, mint and rosemary often!
Dinner is served!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen