Saturday, September 24, 2011

Another visit to Flavor, NC!

You might remember my post from May 26th sharing the UNC-TV news inviting us to visit Flavor, NC on Saturday mornings!  I have enjoyed all three episodes which you can view online.  Lisa Prince, our host was in Boone, NC in today's episode.  They shared a go to ingredient for Shrimp and Grits that I also love to use!  The ingredient is country ham!  The salty goodness of country ham naturally adds the perfect flavor!
I love that they were using NC country ham from Goodnight Brothers.   The Shrimp with Red Eye Gravy was shared by The Gamekeeper in Boone NC.   I learned so much from this episode such as an ingredient I would have never thought of using which is coffee!  This dish is a hit especially with local Bogue Sound Shrimp!
You can also order country ham from the Danl Boone Inn which is a wonderful stop while you are in Boone for family style comfort food!  I added mushrooms to the sauce and a little white wine and as always Texas Pete!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen