Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Harvest!

Nothing inspires me to cook more than fresh veggies straight from a North Carolina garden! I love seeing photos from friends summer harvest!  Right now we have an abundance of squash!  A new favorite is the squash fritters recipe from Our State Magazine!  My grandmothers cast iron skillet fries the perfect fritter!
Photos Courtesy LisaTharrington and Adrianne Forbes
A simple tomato sandwich is always a hit in most NC homes too! The only debate is usually which mayo is best, Dukes or Hellman's!  I am not sure where Miracle Whip came from but I have never seen it in a true southern kitchen and it certainly does not belong on a fresh tomato sandwich!  When straight off the vine I could eat one just like an apple!


Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen