Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fresh and Friendly!

I love this time of year when everything is fresh right out of the garden!  The only thing I can think of better than cooking fresh local produce is purchasing one of  Mindy's many homemade creations right out of The Friendly Market Kitchen!  The actual food "to go" reminds me of one of my favorite Raleigh spots from long ago named Simple Pleasures!  Not having to cook yet serving one of their divine treats is also a "Simple Pleasure"!!
 "Pie" night at my house is always easy!   Mindy's chicken pie, tomato pie and a peach pie.  I usually throw in a mixed green salad to add some color to the dinner pie plate.  I think homemade ice cream with the peach pie is perfection for any guest and any beach bum who does not want to cook on a Summer Funday!
I grew up always having garden veggies at the farm so I especially love the convenience of Quinn's Produce at The Friendly Market when I am able to pull myself away from the beach this time of year to cook for friends and family!
We also love The Plant Stand! They have everything we need in full bloom!  Just as the market promises everyone is Friendly! Don't forget to check out all the Vendors! There is something for everyone!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen