Friday, May 6, 2011

Carolina Style Derby Day!

We are busy in North Carolina this weekend with lots of celebrating and beach music! The BBQ Festival on the Neuse in Kinston has the Embers and The Nashville Blooming Festival has the Craig Woolard Band!  I am looking forward to the Kentucky Derby and Mother's Day with my family!
My family loves horses and we always have a great time on Derby Day!  In the South, of course it does not take horses or hats to make bourbon the star of the show!  We love mint juleps! They are the perfect cocktail for any southern supper! 
I recommend infusing the simple syrup with the mint!  I love the silver mint julep cups and crystal pitcher from Mears Etc Etc in the photo above!
 The perfect plate "Carolina Style"!  Fried chicken, brown sugar country ham biscuits, corn pudding cakes, roasted asparagus, mixed green salad and deviled eggs! My Mother's mini pecan pie's for dessert are always the perfect end to a southern supper.  I am also loving recipes for fun cocktail cupcakes!  The mint julep cupcake is a must this weekend!
Compliments Foodie Sweets!

Join the Down East Animal Refuge for their Derby Party Fundraisor!

Enjoy your Derby Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen