Monday, January 9, 2012

Wild Duck!

Deer Season is over in North Carolina but Duck hunting is in full force!  NC guides are ready to put you in a blind! I love to eat duck but the thought of hunting duck is not appealing to me at all!  It is a sport that makes me cold and sleepy to think about, but the men in my family live for it!  With "Wild Duck" being our topic today, I thought I would share what I do love! I love paintings by Fen Rascoe!  He really captures the heart of rural and coastal Northeastern, NC!  The first painting is called "Gunner on the Mark".  Gunner reminds me of our baby, Jake.  The second painting is called "Three Kings"!
I remember when first married, I would get up at 4am to cook breakfast for my husband before he headed out into the cold wet terrain in his waders!  Those days are over!  Now we all get to enjoy my husbands great cooking when he returns ready to try a new wild game recipe!  His latest concoction is Wild Duck Goulash! 
Not a pretty pic taken with a cell phone but gives you an idea of the goulash.  The ingredients are duck breast, dry sherry, mushrooms, caramelized onions, cream of mushroom soup, mustard, garlic and rice!  Just in case you have a hunter or a cook in your family!  Perfect for a cold winter day!  We also enjoy duck breast with yummy baked NC sweet potato fries!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen