Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sunday Comfort!

After a fun weekend of parties, comfort food was in order which meant my homemade spaghetti was requested!  I am not going to share my entire recipe but will tell you a few of the special ingredients that make the sauce which are Cinnamon, Texas Pete, fresh roasted tomatoes with good red wine for the sauce and the cook of course!
My friends and I were also trying to learn how to perfect Meringue so my Mother was asked to bake!   We decided we would try a couple of new recipes!  We love the In Style Magazine Lemon Meringue Pie with Poppy Seed Crust in the August issue!  I do not do well with recipes or anything I have to measure!  My husband loves dessert so I am trying to improve despite not being much on sweets my self! Lemon Meringue is his favorite!  He was very happy!
Now that my pie baking skills have improved my husband has requested the Southern Living Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie!

Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting SSCS!
Enjoy your Day, Carolina Style!
Jen Jen